Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In Need of An Editor


I recently went up the hill to see what all the new hooplah was about with this new burger joint. On the way, while sitting in traffic, I spied this sign.

I can understand someone misspelling the sign once. But…nobody caught this boo-boo at the sign shop? Somebody spent money on this sign without reviewing it? Didn’t the guy who actually made the sign say anything to anybody? Why “Stoves and Spa’s?” Why not “Stove’s and Spa’s?” Or maybe “Stove’s and Spas?”

Who signed off on this sign anyway?

The funniest part about this sign whole situation is that this sign is one of many in a local chain. That’s right, one of many X Brand Spa shops in the area.
Nobody at corporate noticed this?

I bet McDonald’s would notice if your franchise were spelled Mac Donald’s.

This beauty has been up for over a decade and I have to wonder how many people stop at this shop just to let them know that the sign is incorrect? Out of those people, how many people leave with a new spa or wood burning stove? Maybe the apostrophe was intentional just to bring people in.

Genius marketing, I say!!

No comments: